GST registration is no intimidating task anymore. With the advent of online gst registration option, extensive people are getting benefited.
Anyone who supplies goods and service and makes Rs.20 lakh or more have to register with Goods and Service Tax Network (GSTIN). A distinctive 15-digit number as GSTIN(Goods and Service Tax Identification Number) is offered to the registered.
Papers Essential for GST Registration:
The following documents are mandatory for GST registration.
- Applicant’s PAN card
- Applicant’s Aadhaar Card
- Applicant’s bank account statement and cancelled cheque
- Address proof for the business location
- Incorporation Certificate or business registration proof
- Applicant’s digital signature
- Promoter/Director’s identity and address proof along with a photograph
- Letter of Authorization/Board resolution for Authorized signatory
The following are the step by step procedure of GST registration.
Visit https://www.gst.gov.in/ and hit Registration under Services tab then click New Registration. From here, the registration process is divided into two parts.
A form pops up on your display.
- Step 1: Choose Taxpayer option in the drop-down menu of I am a
- Step 2: Next, fill up the necessary information in the consecutive drop-down menu which inquires your States, District, Legal Name of the business(As you have mentioned in PAN), Permanent Account Number (PAN), E-mail address and mobile number.
- Step 3: An One Time Password (OTP) is must be sent to your mobile number and mail address. Entre them and once it is verified, you can click the Proceed button.
- Step 4: You will receive a Temporary Reference Number (TRN)and you can move to Part B of GST registration. Never forget to note down the TRN number.
- Step 1: Log in using your TRN and enter the CAPTCHA code. An OTP was sent to your mobile number and e-mail id; employ it to complete the OTP verification. Once you complete the verification, you will be directed towards GST Registration Page.
- Step 2: A form appears on your displays where you are supposed to fill in the information such as Name of your Company, PAN, State in which you had registered your business and date of commencement. It is mandatory to refer if you have existing registrations.
- Step 3: Next step is to submit the details of 10 promoters or partners of your business. If it is a proprietorship firm, then you have to give in the information of proprietor. Fill in the personal details, Designation, Director Identification Number(DIN), PAN and Aadhaar number.
- Step 4: You have to submit the details of one for whom you are authorized to file GST returns.
- Step 5: Fill in the Principal place of business, Address, contact details as well as the nature of possession of premises.
- Step 6: Filling the details such as additional places of business, specification of goods and service you are supplying, bank details is the next
- Step 7: Depends on your business type you are registering, upload the other basic documents.
- Step 8: Hit the Save and Continue button. While submitting your application, a digital signature is obligatory.
- Step 9: Click Submit button to save all the details you have filled in.
Reference Number must be sent to your mobile number and email which confirms your registration.